20 Examples of Active and Passive voice
- Active: She was writing an assignment.
Passive: An assignment was being written by her.
- Active: The chef is baking the cake in the oven.
Passive: The cake is being baked in the oven by the chef.
- Active: The Tata Group of Companies hired around 150 employees.
Passive: Around 150 employees were hired by the Tata Group of Companies.
- Active: My friend always helps poor people.
Passive: Poor people are always helped by my friend.
- Active: Management had already discussed this problem.
Passive: This problem had been discussed already by Management.
- Active: The postman has delivered all the postcards to their destination.
Passive: All the postcards have been delivered to their destination by the Postman.
- Active: He buys a set of jeans pants from the Shopping mall.
Passive: A set of jeans pants are bought from the shopping mall by him.
- Active: I was drinking Pepsi in the theatre.
Passive: Pepsi was being drunk by me in the theatre.
- Active: She will have known my address location.
Passive: The address location of mine will have been known by her.
- Active: The coffee machine has filled a cup of coffee within 10 seconds.
Passive: A cup of coffee has been filled by the coffee machine within 10 seconds.
- Active: The shopkeeper was selling large sugarcanes to the customers.
Passive: Large sugarcanes were being sold to the customers by the shopkeeper.
- Active: Ronaldo is playing a football game.
Passive: Football game is being played by Ronaldo.
- Active: He keeps his secret away from his family.
Passive: The secrets are kept away by himself from his family.
- Active: We are watching a horror movie in the theatre at night.
Passive: A horror movie is being watched in the theatre at night by us.
- Active: She gave a precious stone to Jack to keep safe.
Passive: The precious stone was given to Jack to keep safe by her.
- Active: I was studying a book in the library.
Passive: A book was being studied by me in the library.
- Active: Children will have broken the window’s glass of Martin’s house.
Passive: The window’s glass of Martin’s house will have been broken by the children.
- Active: He laughed at Tom in the museum.
Passive: Tom was laughed at by him in the museum.
- Active: My Uncle smokes Cigar every evening.
Passive: Cigar is smoked everyday by my uncle.
- Active: Thomas is inviting his office colleague at his own birthday party.
Passive: An office colleague is being invited to a birthday party of Thomas.