A singular noun is nothing but a form of a noun which only represents a singular person, place, idea, or thing. It has a single bond with the adjectives or verbs or other parts of speech present in a sentence followed by that noun.
While writing a singular noun, sometimes it is most common to write a noun along with an article “a, an” which is also used to represent an individual thing.
Examples of singular noun
Examples of some common singular nouns are as fallows.
Peoples: man, woman, child, person, father
Animals: bird, cat, dog, mouse, camel
Things: table, chair, book, car, toy, mobile
Sentences of singular noun
- My son went to school.
- A cat enters the kitchen.
- My mother is cooking food for dinner.
- She works as a chef in that restaurant.
- I plant a sapling in my garden on my birthday.
- He wants this car from his father.
- I cooked this dish, especially to impress my husband.
- She went to London.
- My sister runs a bakery shop.
- My elder brother wants to be a musician.
- A deer is crossing the highway.
- The hunter is trying to shoot a pigeon.
- He solved the matrix problem given by his teacher.
- Why does the table look empty today?
- He catches a ball from his left hand.
- John is absent today.
- Michael doesn’t work there anymore.
- He doesn’t use that computer.
- This book is very interesting.
- I went to a village on weekends where my grandmother lives.
List of Singular Noun
|singular Noun||Plural Noun|
More Types of Noun