A proper noun is a noun that determines the particular person, place, thing, object, organization, or any idea which is shown or written in the sentence. This noun begins with a capital letter.
A proper noun always begins with capital letters as it shows the proper identification of whatever it wants to deliver. It is not necessary to place a proper noun at the beginning of the sentence to write a capital letter; it may be placed anywhere in the sentence along with a capital letter.
Examples of Proper Noun
Person: Cristiano Ronaldo, Robin, Maria, etc.
Place: England, United State, Paris, etc
Thing: Apple, Oreo, Pepsi, BMW, Bata, etc.
Organization: World Bank, WHO, UNICEF, etc.
Examples of Proper noun are in Sentences
- Sir Don Bradman is a famous cricketer.
- Saint Peter International College is a highly reputed college in this city.
- Bugatti Veyron is one of the fastest sports cars in the world.
- The British English language is similar to that of the American English language.
- We came to London last week.
- Mount Everest is the highest mountain in the world.
- Maya loves to swim early in the morning.
- We can search for anything from the Google search engine.
- Facebook is one of the best social media sites in the world.
- Kids like Oreo biscuits.
- The blue whale is the largest mammal ever lived on earth.
- Miami is one of the lovely visiting cities to enjoy.
- India is known for its Indian food, Indian cuisines, and Dishes.
- Oxford University is the most expensive university in the world.
- Robin is playing chess with his friend.
- Jonathan is coming from Tokyo by taking the evening’s flight.
- Dogs are loyal pets among all pet animals.
- Where is Andrew Simonds?
- She was born in January this year.
- Our family is organizing a grand party this Saturday.
List of Proper Noun
- Agatha christie
- Atlantic Ocean
- Berlin Wall
- Burger king
- Daily news
- Doctor Norris
- Dr. Morgan
- Eiffel Tower
- Harman miller
- Indian ocean
- Jennifer Lopez
- Lady Gaga
More Types of Noun