Countable and Uncountable Nouns: Difference, Examples, & List of words
The countable noun and Uncountable nouns are the two different types of nouns in the part of speech. Both the nouns represent the quantity of the object, things, and substance in different ways in a sentence.
Table of Contents
Difference in the Countable and Uncountable Nouns
1. Countable noun,a type of noun of thing or substance that can be counted in numbers.
1. Uncountable noun, a type of noun of thing or substance that cannot be counted in numbers.
2. It may be present in a singular form or plural form.
2. Uncountable nouns are present only in singular forms.
3. In countable nouns, nouns like a person, substance, thing, object, etc comes in this category.
3. In uncountable nouns, nouns like objects, things, etc. which are uncountable comes in this category.
4. For a single counting noun, articles “a, an” are used despite writing “one/1”.
4. In uncountable nouns, we use the word “some” for more than a single or indefinite quantity.
For example, Will you please give me a pen?
For example, He cooked rice and bread for dinner.
Examples of Countable and Uncountable noun
Countable noun: Lucy bought a dozen eggs from the shop. Uncountable noun: Roma drinks milk for breakfast.
C.N: He picked bananas from the banana tree. U.N: He added cornflour in the curry to increase the gravy.
C.N: She eats an apple daily during breakfast. U.N: She eats bread with jam on it.
C.N: They ordered KFC and fries. U.N: They ordered fried rice in the restaurant.
C.N: Watermelons are stored in the kitchen. U.N: Watermelon is filled with red flesh water and seeds.
C.N: The farmer plucked tomatoes from his farm. U.N: The farmer waters the plants on his farm.
C.N: I love eating carrots. U.N: I love dishes rich in sugar.
C.N: He brings burgers in his tiff-in. U.N: He went to the juice shop and ordered juice for himself.
C.N: He purchased a bike yesterday. U.N: He loves to drink tea irrespective of time.
C.N: I asked a question to my teacher. U.N: They cooked meat for lunch.
C.N: We go to roam on a bicycle. U.N: We went to the coastland and enjoyed ourselves a lot in the water.
C.N: The place of the garage is not for standing bikes. U.N:Honeybees make honey in their hives.
C.N: A car is standing in front of our entrance. U.N: There is a crowd assembled out of the building.
C.N: The retailer gave me this book at a fair price. U.N: The retailer gave me an adhesive solution for sticking the cracks.
C.N: Two people regularly come to this colony. U.N: The milkman added some more water to the milk.
C.N: My friend’s mom is a stylist and also a businesswoman. U.N: Uncle cooked sweet rice for the festival.
C.N: We organized a party for our classmates only. U.N: We started an organization, and others are also joined in a huge quantity.
C.N: Approximately seven rivers are situated in Africa. U.N: Most of the water in the river is mixed with the sea.
C.N: There are twelve months in a year. U.N: A sunlight is entering from that hole in the window.
C.N: A laptop is placed on the table. U.N: He splits some alcohol on the table.