A week contains seven days in it and each day has a different name accordingly.
Let us know the name and no. of days in a week with the help of the table given below.
Days of the Week
|Sequence of the Day||Name of the Day||Abbreviation Name|
Now, we all know the days in a week and their names by the table above.
But do you know how these days are named?
- Monday is a day whose name is associated with the Moon.
- Tuesday is taken from the Tiw God, which is associated with Planet Mars.
- Wednesday is taken from the Germanic God named Odin.
- Thursday is taken from the God Thor, a Germanic god.
- Friday is taken from the Germanic god named Frigga, originated from Planet Venus.
- Saturday is taken from the name of Planet Saturn.
- Sunday is taken from the Sun.
One more thing that you all have to know about these seven days.
We all know that there are seven (7) days in a week, as days of the week, but if we say about the weekdays & weekends, they are not actually the same as seven in numbers.
- The Weekdays contain only five (5) days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- The Weekends contain the rest two days that are Saturday and Sunday, respectively.
- Vehicles Name
- Traffic Signs
- Collective Noun of Birds
- Red Fruits & Vegetables
- Tropical Fruits List
- Family Members Name