As the possession is already embedded in the word of a possessive adjective, which does not show any need to punctuate for showing the possession. These adjectives act as modifiers that demonstrate the ownership of a noun, respectively.
Possessive adjectives also function like possessive pronouns.
Examples of possessive adjectives
- This is my Guest House.
- My computer is working in better condition.
- Those books are mine.
- This is our mistake.
- Whose car keys are missing?
- You can sing a song in my Orchestra.
- You can take his bike to work.
- Can I borrow your pen to write an exam?
- This is her house.
- That wallet is his.
- Their black Mercedes Benz car looks more attractive than this one.
- Whose father is an Ex-Army man?
- Is this your car?
- Both sisters have their own cupboard for clothes.
- He is coming to meet your father.
- She is trying to escape from her home.
- This apartment is all yours.
- Whose flower shop is situated near the traffic signal?
- She can park her car in my garage.
- The bike has lost its wheels.
List of Possessive adjectives