The Future Perfect Tense expresses an action or event planned and completely done in any particular future timing having a fixed date schedule.
Formula of Future Perfect Tense
Subject + will + have + verb (past participle) + object
Here, the helping verb “have” comes along with the modal verb will and is connected with the main verb V(3rd form) that is in the past participle form shows the completion of the task in future time instant.
- They will have followed an unknown person in that movie shot.
- You will have done your project this Tuesday.
Sentence Structure & Rules
There are three possibilities of writing any sentence or a statement in present continuous tense form,
- Positive statements,
[Subject + will have+ verb (past participle) + object]
- Negative statements,
[Subject + will not have + verb (past participle)+ object]
- Question statements,
[Wh- type word(if necessary) + will + subject + have + verb (past participle) + object + ?]
Examples of future perfect tense
|I||will have||performed||in the college gathering.|
|He||will have||worked||under the guidance |
of his supervisor.
|She||will have||gone||to her sister’s wedding.|
|Subject||will not have||verb||Object|
|I||will not have||performed||in the college gathering.|
|He||won’t have||worked||under the guidance |
of his supervisor.
|She||will not have||gone||to her sister’s wedding.|
|Wh-type/Will||Subject||have/not have||verb||Object + ?|
|Will||I||have||performed||in the college gathering?|
|Will||he||have||worked||under the guidance |
of his supervisor?
|Why will||she||not have||gone||to her sister’s wedding?|
Exercise of Future Perfect Tense
Complete the following sentence by using the appropriate verbs.
- He will have _________ (drive) a car since morning.
- She will have _________ (sing) a song before he comes.
- They ____________ (not) reach Landon 6 o’clock.
- We will have __________ (complete) the work by the next month.
- The shopkeeper will have _______ (sell) all products.
- He will have driven a car since morning.
- She will have sung a song before he comes.
- They will not reach Landon at 6 o’clock.
- We will have completed the work by the next month.
- The shopkeeper will have sold all products.