Future Continuous Tense
The Future Continuous Tense describes the ongoing action at any particular instant in the future, or it will happen in the future.
It is also called a future progressive tense, which means a sentence shows the progress of any action that is continued in the present and continuing in future timing.
Formula of Future Continuous Tense
Subject + shall be/will be + Verb (ing) + object
Here, Verb (ing) is in the present participle form, and “shall be/will be” is used with the Verb to tell the action is continuing in the future tense.
We can use shall with the subject I and we, in any statements of the future tense.
|Rest of Sentence|
|I, We||shall be||going||Paris for studies|
|He, She, You, They,|
|will be||coming||to your home, for the|
Sentence Structure & Rules
There are three possibilities of writing any sentence or a statement in future continuous tense form,
- Positive statements
[Subject + shall/will + be + verb (ing) + object]
- Negative statements
[Subject + shall/will + not + be + verb (ing) + object]
- Question statements
[shall/will + subject + be + verb (ing) + object + ?]
Examples of the Future Continuous
- You will be performing on the stage. (positive)
- You will not be performing on the stage. (negative)
- Will you be performing on the stage? (question)
- She will be looking outside the window of the plane. (positive)
- She will not be looking outside the window of the plane. (negative)
- Will she be looking outside the window of the plane? (question)
- We shall be eating dinner at this time tomorrow. (positive)
- We shall not be eating dinner at this time tomorrow. (negative)
- Shall we be eating dinner at this time tomorrow? (question)
- He will be hitting in today’s match. (positive)
- He will not be hitting in today’s match. (negative)
- Will he be hitting in today’s match? (question)
examples of future continuous tense
Complete the following sentence by using the appropriate verb form to make it a future continuous sentence.
- You ________________ an article for tomorrow’s newspaper. (write)
- This team ________________ to play any games with our team. (not/go)
- She ________________ towards you, you just have to grab her. (come)
- _____ he ____________ here overnight? (sleep)
- My boss ________________ all day. (shout)
- She _______________ any biography hereafter. (not/write)
- The principal _______________ a holiday for tomorrow. (announce)
- After so long, I ________________this car on a highway. (drive)
- My friend’s father was promoted, soon they _____________ to another district. (shift)
- We have to work fast, the manager _____________ anytime. (arriving)
- The college _______________ its fee structure this year. (increase)
- My brother ______________ your name to the Principal for CR. (not/recommend)
- Her father _____________ with his neighbor about this situation. (discuss)
- She _________________ this time. (eat)
- _____ you _____________ a lecture in the middle. (leaving)
- You will be writing an article for tomorrow’s newspaper.
- This team won’t be going to play any games with our team.
- She will be coming towards you, you just have to grab her.
- Will, he be sleeping here overnight?
- My boss will be shouting all day.
- She won’t be writing any biography hereafter.
- The principal will be announcing a holiday for tomorrow.
- After so long, I shall be driving this car on a highway.
- My friend’s father was promoted, soon they will be shifting to another district.
- We have to work fast, the manager will be arriving anytime.
- The college will be increasing its fee structure this year.
- My brother won’t be recommending your name to the Principal for CR.
- Her father will be discussing with his neighbor about this situation.
- She will be eating this time.
- Will, you be leaving a lecture in the middle.
exercise of future continuous tense
1. Future Perfect Tense
2. Future Perfect Continuous Tense