Learn different types of Mammals’ Animals Names in English with Pictures. List of mammals name with an image.
Mammals are the living vertebrate animals that come under the class Mammalia, which are described by their mammary glands present in their body which secretes milk used to feed their babies or young ones as baby food or nourish them properly.
Mammals also consist of hair or fur and three middle ear bones.
List of Mammals
- Blue whale
- Giant panda
Mammals in Water
Mammals Names in English with Pictures
Whales are mammals. The blue whale is the largest mammal and also the largest living species on earth. As it lives in the oceans, that’s why it is called a marine mammal.
The lion is a large mammal and all the dangerous species in the kingdom Animalia. These mammals were of large weight, and some said that they lived in grasslands and other grass and herbs areas.
The Giant panda is a mammal called a panda bear, which is mostly found in the bamboo forest. It looks like white and black combination colors near the eyes and ears.
The cows, which are also called cattle, or bulls, are mammals and large domesticated ungulates. These mammals are of many colors.
Dogs are called the most loyal animals from the animal species and are the mammals who give birth to their young ones. It is the most popular domestic animal in the world.
Ass is one of the animals from the horse family and is a mammal, which is also called by other names like a donkey.
The tiger is the largest cat species from the Panthera genus. The offspring of a tiger is called the little cubs.
The cat is a small and domestic mammal who lives in the house and is a carnivore’s animal and also it likes to drink milk from the kitchen.
Bats are the only flying mammals that give birth to their young ones directly. They come from the order Chiroptera.
The deer is said to be the hoofed ruminant mammal from the family Cervidae. Female deer are called reindeer.
Dolphins are common aquatic mammals with a small beak-like mouth that helps in ease while swimming. These mammals are evolved from land mammals.
Elephants are called mammals because they have hairs and give milk. These animals are vertebrates with the characteristics of mammals.
The giraffe is called an African mammal. It is the tallest terrestrial animal and also the tallest ruminant.
Horses are the subspecies of Equus ferus from two extents. These are odd-toed ungulate mammals belonging to the taxonomic family Equidae.
Wolves are also known as the grey wolf, colloquially understood as, non-domestic subspecies and a mammal living in dense forests. Wolves also have dog-like structures.
The fox is a small, medium-sized animal that is an omnivorous mammal that belongs to the family Canidae’s genera. They look like a dog having flattened skulls, upright triangular ears, long bushy tails.
The bear is a carnivorous mammal from the family Ursidae. Bears are classified as caniforms and are also known as dog-like carnivores.
Kangaroo is an animal from the family Macropodidae, which is used to describe the largest species from this family. They are well-known mammals in the animal species.
Armadillos are new world Placental mammals in the order Cingulata. It has anteaters and sloths on its body.
The gorilla is the greatest mammal extant in the world, which is much more closer to that of the humans after chimpanzees. They are ground-dwelling apes, mostly eat plants and fruits as food.
The leopard is one of the species in the genus Panthera. Also called panther and a crossbreed of lion and pard, which later called leopard, is a mammal in this species.
Monkeys are well-adapted arboreal mammals, and they are plantigrade, five-toed, which are equipped with high mobile limbs and tails, which they are used as a fifth hand.
Some characteristic features of the mammals
- Mammals are warm-blooded animals or creatures whose young ones are easily survived by drinking the milk secreted from their mother’s breast’s mammary glands.
- All mammals do not contain mammary glands, especially male mammals. Only female mammals have the mammary glands in their breast that produce milk to feed their young ones.
- Mammals have a unique ability than other types of animals. They can either live on trees, on lands, water, or even down in the ground.
- Mammals have skin that contains various glands such as sweat glands, mammary glands, hairs, or fur on their skin, which acts as a protective covering to their skin.
- They give birth to their young rather than laying eggs like other animals such as birds or reptiles. All mammals do not give birth to young ones; some lay eggs like Platypus and Echidna.
- Mammals have skeletons and jointed bones that make them strong and also visible ears. Most mammals have teeth.
- Mammals are also called vertebrate animals because they have a backbone, which is also called a spine.
Learn More Animals Name
- Farm & Domestic Animals Name
- Pet Animals Name in English
- Birds Name
- Insects Name
- Male, Female Baby name in English
- Water animals Name