Past Continuous Tense is also called as past progressive tense.
Examples or Sentences of Past Continuous Tense
- They were playing basketball after school.
- He was eating food.
- The rain was raining tonight.
- She wasn’t watching the movie.
- They were going to the library.
- He was doing a great job.
- I was not writing a letter.
- My television wasn’t working properly.
- We were celebrating a festival.
- The teacher was teaching in a class.
- The dog was barking a man.
- They weren’t studying English these days.
- Dona was buying a new iPhone.
- She wasn’t coming to the party.
- My dad was going to London.
- They weren’t speaking English today.
- The sun was shining.
- I was doing well.
- He wasn’t watching a movie for two months.
- I was traveling by train.
Exercise of Past Continuous Tense
Fill in the correct form of the verb as shown in the above sentences.
- They ______ going to market.
- he _____ playing football.
- I_____ watching a movie.
- she_____ talking about yourself.
- children _______ coming to the classroom.
- They were going to market.
- he was playing football.
- I was watching a movie.
- she was talking about yourself.
- children was coming to the classroom.