What is a Common Noun?
A common noun is a particular name of any person, place, or object.
While writing a common noun in place of a noun (proper noun) no need of capitalizing the first sentence. Common nouns are either written or singular identity or a plural one by adding ‘ or es’ to the suffix.
It may be countable or uncountable concerning their size, quantity, or mass.
Examples of common noun
Place: country, state, city, continent, town, village, island, etc.
Person: mother, father, son, sister, friend, baby, child, doctor, etc.
Things: book, desk, water, clothes, toy, car, etc.
Idea: anger, loyalty, memory, honesty, etc.
Examples of Common Noun are in Sentences
- This dress suits her perfectly.
- He is the husband of one of your female classmates.
- Better you bring your father to school tomorrow to meet me.
- Switch ON another engine from the engine.
- He took his bike by performing a stunt at the shooting site.
- She has scored 93% aggregate in the exam.
- This woman is neither coming nor going inside the hall.
- Children are playing games in recess time.
- He has spread a perfume in the entire house.
- A tunnel is going to be started very soon.
- Mother’s milk is very good for the baby’s health.
- The lady teacher is going to teach a few subjects in the class.
- Tigers are the only predator from the cat family.
- The entire city is suffering from power failure.
- Nation’s love is bigger than the girlfriend’s love.
- He is coming with us to mountain trekking.
- Your teacher meets me at the market.
- The clerk of this office is very rude in behavior,
- The delivery boy delivers the Pizzas to the destination on time
- Someone’s daughter is caught in an accident.
List of Common Noun Words
More Types of Noun