The simple preposition is just short words that are used to define a relation between nouns and pronouns, or even connect two parts of speeches, clauses, or sentences.
The simple prepositions are little words that are used in simple sentences. This makes a sentence simple to understand easily. Sometimes, more than two simple prepositions are used in a sentence.
Examples: At, by, as, but, for, from, in, into, than, of, off, on, out, over, till, to, up, upon, with, under, down, etc. are some simple preposition words.
Examples of simple prepositions:
- I am not coming with you all.
- Mom is working in the kitchen.
- He’ll be late for his flight.
- She is sleeping on the sofa.
- The acting of an actor was so good.
- The Eiffel tower is in Paris.
- He hides a treasure under a tree.
- My office is just by the next street.
- She left school in 2020.
- He went to bed earlier tonight.
- They finished their match in just 30 minutes.
- He went to the hospital for treatment.
- Be careful with the spikes of a tree.
- You have to be proud of yourself for not giving up.
- They were successful in doing business.
- Get me out of this situation at any cost.
- We did a lot of shopping during the sales offer.
- I always try to be polite in front of people.
- You have to worried about your job.
- I don’t agree with you.
List of Simple Prepositions: