Irregular verbs exercise
Complete the sentences. Use the base form (1st form) of the irregular verbs in brackets.
- I want to become (became) a pilot in the future.
- They will __________ (broken) the record of their opponent.
- Lets __________ (brought) him to the principal’s cabin.
- The police officer failed to __________ (caught) the thief.
- He __________ (drawn) a wonderful sketch of nature.
- I will __________ (chosen) him for this operation.
- I wish I could __________ (ate) those fresh strawberries.
Ans: 7) eat 6) choose 5) draw 4) catch 3) bring 2) break 1) become
Complete the sentences. Use the past simple (2nd form) form of the irregular verbs in brackets.
- Our syllabus began (begin) two weeks ago.
- He ______(read) all the books in this library.
- You ______ (break) the glass of the window.
- We ______ (go) to the farm house.
- My father ______ (sleep) next to me in my bedroom.
- She ______ (write) a letter yesterday.
- I ______ (come) to New York for business purposes.
- I ______ (run) about 2 km to save myself from the dog.
Ans: 8) ran 7) came 6) wrote 5) slept 4) went 3) broke 2) read 1) began
Complete the sentences. Use the past participle (3rd form) form of the irregular verbs in brackets.
- She has begun (begin) the performance on the stage.
- They have already ______ (see) that web series.
- I have ______ (make) a chocolate cake by myself.
- He has ______ (know) that location perfectly.
- They had ______ (tell)to not to touch anything in the museum.
- My best friend has ______ (fall) in love with his colleague.
- This house had ______ (build) one month ago.
- I had ______ (send) all my documents for the verification of the job.
Ans: 8) sent 7) built 6) felt 5) told 4) known 3) made 2) seen 1) begun