An adverb in a sentence specifies more about an adjective, verb, or adverb itself. It reveals a relation of place, time, grade, manner, incidence, necessity, etc. with the subject.
20 Examples of Adverbs in Sentences
- Tortoise walks very slowly.
- His car crashed severely.
- She never bunks her classes.
- This matter is quite severe.
- This door opens frequently.
- He likes to do shopping occasionally.
- The presentation is almost completed.
- Phil has been seriously injured in a road accident.
- He is speaking very gently.
- The trains are generally on time.
- She lost her train just a couple of minutes ago.
- John finishes his homework quickly.
- She speaks sweetly with the dignitaries.
- This is a fragile material, handle it carefully.
- The Maths teacher fastly completes the syllabus.
- The house is simply prepared for the kids.
- An aeroplane is flying above the clouds.
- The rabbit runs too fast than the tortoise.
- James wants to eat more candies than his friend.
- He caught eating his tiffin during the lectures.