What is a Participle Phrase?
A group of words consisting of a participle and the modifiers is called participle phrases along with nouns, pronouns, or noun phrases that then function as a direct object in a sentence, functions as complements, or a state that is expressed in the participle.
Examples of Participle Phrases in Sentences
- The monkeys hanging on the branches were eating the fruits.
- She was eating her lunch on a plate made of stainless steel.
- By coming to the point, she explains everything to the teacher.
- I was completing my work on a laptop sitting in the cafeteria.
- A person standing by the window is looking handsome.
- Coming to college, I completed my assignments.
- She was waiting for her friend sitting in the lobby.
- Merry always purchases utensils made of copper.
- Jayson loves to eat fruits sitting in the room.
- All my friends were playing the truth and dare game sitting around the table.
- That girl, sitting next to your cousin, is my crush.
- Coming next to you, I felt shy that time.
- Walking on the red carpet, I felt like a royal appearance.
- She gifted her brother a watch made by the Rolex company on his birthday.
- Subscribing to the channel, I received a lot of notifications.
- Reaching the house, I was honored by my parents.
- Removing the shoes, he slept on the bed.
- Ram provided a car to her wife, made of branded leather cushions.
- Reading the novel story, I read your name as the title of that story.
- I was sitting on the couch and watching movies.