What is self-introduction?
A self-introduction is a process in which you are going to introduce yourself directly in front of either a single person or a group of people in a presentation, meeting, or interview. The self-introduction part is a professional as well as casual speech mostly used for business purposes and in academics.
It can also be used in one-to-one conversations about our situation. In this conversation, first of all, you have to introduce yourself by greeting your audience and telling them something about you, and your activities like who you are, what you do, etc.
Introducing yourself is not only saying your name, but it is also much more than that. It is not that simple. Telling about yourself in front of others is nothing but an introduction to yourself. Introducing yourself is a task in which you tell details about yourself and your personality as well as your professional life.
There are many ways to introduce yourself in English. Like you can start by greeting them and begin with your name, and qualifications, then go with your age, your residence, your family, your hobbies, etc.
Below are some questions and answers that tell us about the introduction and how we have to answer.
Name: What is your name?
- My name is Stevan Joseph.
- I’m Stevan Joseph
- My Full name is Stevan William Joseph/ My first name is Stevan/ My last name is Joseph
- You can call me Steve or Stevan/ My friends call me Steve/ Please call me Stevan/Everyone calls me Stevan.
- My nickname is Stev, etc.
Self Introduction: Address
- Where are you from?
- Where do you come from?
- Where were you born?
- I was born in Japan
- I’m Japanese
- I’m from Japan/ I hail from Japan/ I come from Japan/ I’m originally from Japan, etc.
Address: Where do you live?
What is your address?
What is your hometown?
- I live in San Francisco/ My address is San Francisco
- I live on Jane Street
- I live at Ohio Tower
- I have lived in San Francisco since childhood, etc.
Age: What is your age?
How old are you?
- I’m 23 years old
- I’m 23
- I’m over 23/ I’m almost 23/ I’m nearly 23
- I’m around your age, etc.
Family: How many people are there in your family?
Who do you live with?
With whom do you live?
Do you have any siblings?
- My family has 4 people.
- There are 4 of us in a family.
- There are 4 people in my family.
- I live with my parents and one sibling.
- We are two brothers.
- My brother and I live with our parents, etc.
Birthday: What is your birth date?
When is your birthday?
- My birthday is on the 25th of September, 1998.
Phone number: What is your phone number?
- My phone number is +1 4725 3785
Job/ Profession: What do you do?
What do you do for a living?
What’s your job?
What sort of work do you do?
- I’m an architect
- I work as an architect
- I work for a company as a senior architect
- I’m unemployed/ I’m working yet/ I’m looking for jobs
- I earn my living as an architect
- I’m retired
- I used to work as an architect
- I have been working in San Francisco for 4 years, etc.
Hobbies: What’s your hobby?
What do you like?
What’s your favorite?
- I like sports/ I love sports/ I enjoy sports
- I am interested in sports
- I am good at sports
- My hobby is sports
- My favorite sport is baseball, etc.
Education: Where do you study?
What do you study?
- I’m a student at St. Mary Jr. College
- I study English literature
Marital Status: What is your marital status?
Are you married?
Do you have any girlfriend/ boyfriend?
- I’m single
- I’m not dating anyone
- I’m not ready for a serious relationship
- I’m in an open relationship
- I have a girlfriend/ boyfriend
- I haven’t found what I am looking for.